Date(s) - Wednesday, June 28, 2017
During the EMMC International Workshop 2017 in Vienna, the topic of Translation brought a lot of attention, discussions but also many questions mostly related to the role and the necessary skills of the translators.
Therefore a EMMC-CSA expert meeting has been organised to give focus to these discussions and to try to outline the profile of a translator.
The discussion points were:
- Summary and conclusions from the EMMC International Workshop 2017 in Vienna
- Role of the Translator: what is expected from the Translator, positioning between science and business, company internal and -external translators …
- Translators profile: which skills should a translator possess( capability to estimate investments vs. benefits of modelling, capability to give neutral advise with several workflow options), …
- Tools of the Translator: databases of software, modellers, training, possible coming call of EU on OTE…
- Summary of the discussion: focused profile and role of the Translator, to be endorsed by the Translators Working Group of EMMC, EU and broader community.
Report on the Expert Meeting on Translation: