The EMMC-CSA partner, POLITO is organising a Workshop on “Industrial impact of materials modelling – achievements and perspectives”
on July 8-10, 2019, at Sala Teatro, SiTI (Istituto Superiore sui Sistemi Territoriali), Turin, Italy
The objective of this meeting is therefore to gather a consistent number of experts from the different stakeholders interested in materials adoption/development, and provide a discussion platform for industrial requirements as compared to state-of the-art modelling techniques. The ambition of the workshop is to cover the more relevant aspects which are critical to the widespread adoption of materials modelling techniques in industry. To this, six thematic sessions are organized and will cover:
- state-of-the-art modelling techniques and guidelines for further model developments;
- the perspective of the European software owners/developers;
- the economic impact of materials modelling on industrial innovation;
- strategies for improving the two-way transfer of knowledge between academia and industry – i.e. Translators and their training requirements;
- interoperability requirements and frameworks – e.g. ontologies – for integration of models and software. Finally, a special session will be dedicated to the discussion of the potential of artificial intelligence in the framework of materials modelling, with particular emphasis on the benefit for high-throughput simulations, big data and their mining – e.g. data-driven modelling – towards Industry 4.0.
Organisation, Contact & Support
This is an “Invitation-only” event. You will be contacted by the organisers. After you have confirmed your participation you will receive the registration link.
Pietro Asinari, Luca Bergamesco (Politecnico di Torini, Italy).
This event has received funding via the EMMC-CSA Project
from the European Union’s Horizon 2020
Research and Innovation Programme under Grant Agreement No 72386