Our EMMC-CSA member Gerhard Goldbeck (Goldbeck Consulting Ltd) was invited to hold a
“c&en webinar” (chemical & engineering news) on Impacts of Materials Modelling on June 14, 2018.
The webinar has been recorded and will remain available via
the Chemical & Engineering News site of ACS.
What is materials modelling good for? The webinar examines the impact materials modelling makes, both on a macro-economic and organisational level. In particular, the wide range of impact types and mechanisms will be discussed, based on evidence from surveys and interviews with users. It will be argued that a much wider potential remit for modelling should be considered than is commonly done.
In the light of these impact mechanisms, ways of measuring and increasing impact are discussed. Setting and assessing impact levels is shown to be important, and in this context a maturity model will be introduced. Higher levels of maturity are associated with integration and optimisation and set the scene for modelling as a key factor impacting on digitalisation.
- Modelling and simulation practitioners
- Researchers and engineers
- R&D Managers
Key Learing Objectives
- Scope of materials modelling
- Macro-economic-impact of the modelling field and micro-economic impact on organizations and their value chain
- Impact types and mechanisms
- Measuring impact
- Setting targets
- Increasing impact by stronger integration of modelling
- Maturity level assessments
This webinar was brought to you by