These are the Discussion Notes that will guide the sessions in the The First EMMC International Workshop 2017. Feedback will be collected in the first step during the workshop, then, in the second step, feedback will be open to all members of the EMMC. If you would like to participate please Register to the EMMC!
The EMMC and the European commission (DG R&I LEIT Unit D3 AM&N) plan an EC-EMMC workshop for Translators in September 2017 at the offices of the European Commission DG RTD NMBP programme in Brussels.
Translators are any stakeholder (universities, Research or Technology Organisations), Consultants, Software owners (both commercial and academic or open source, etc.) who analyse industrial problems and identify the parts that can be solved economically and efficiently by simulation based on materials modelling.
The workshop aim is to outline training material for translators and will discuss how European activities undertaken by the EMMC and local activities (on the national or regional levels) between translators and SMEs in the Member States can complement each other.
The Goal is to identify synergies between translator communities on all levels to increase the utilisation of advanced European materials modelling to boost European manufacturing, especially for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s).
Note: Registration is closed for this event.
We would like to invite all TRANSLATORS to express interest by contributing feedback in advance of the workshop. To this end, please consider filling out at least one of these three short surveys questionnaires:
- Questionnaire on a Translator case
- Questionnaire on Translation of an industrial problem
- Questionnaire on Economic impact of a success case
(After analysing the feedback, the EC and EMMC will compose a list of participants to be invited to participate!)
Please fill out the questionnaires before the end of July 2017, so that we have time to plan and prepare the relevant discussion issues for the meeting in September.
Note: We plan to reimburse the travel expenses of the first replies!
The EMMC endorses the final consolidated 2015 “Roadmap for Materials Modelling ”
Documents and Presentations from the meeting:
- Adham Hashibon: Status of collected needs in Europe: Key topics needing action
- Gerhard Goldbeck: Identifying Case Studies
- Erich Wimmer: Recommendations for academic materials modelling software
- Pietro Asinari:Model development (electronic, atomistic, mesoscopic, continuum, coupling & linking, interoperability, open simulation platform, hpc)
- Georg Schmitz, Gerhard Goldbeck, Adham Hashibon:Interoperability activities in Europe
- Marco Sebastiani: Report on the ongoing activity of the “Characterization Cluster” – strategies on how to link the two activities